An advocacy coach can help people with disabilities avoid the pitfalls of working/earning above income limits and maintain valuable Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. They can help people understand the rules and regulations governing SSI, and they can help develop a plan to work and earn without losing benefits.
An advocacy coach can help you with the following:
- Applying for SSI
- Asking for help gaining appropriate accommodations at work.
- Finding and arranging transportation to and from a workplace.
- Reapplying for SSI if your benefits are terminated
- Appealing a decision to terminate your SSI benefits
- Understanding the rules and regulations governing SSI
- Developing a plan to work and earn without losing your benefits
- Dealing with the stress of losing SSI benefits
If you are considering working and earning, or if you have already lost your SSI benefits, an advocacy coach can help you. They can provide you with the information and support you need to make informed decisions about your work and your benefits.